Wednesday, March 7, 2012

To Build a Home

I have not been successful in building up my home lately.  I have been trying to get out of the funk and get back to focusing rightly, but I have to tell you, it's been nigh on impossible.  There are many reasons for this, which I will be sharing in future posts (I'm still trying to share the basics and just can't deal with it all at once, for crying out loud!).

There is a scripture that says something about a wise woman building up her home while a foolish one tears it down with her own hands.  I don't, honest to Father God, know which I am.  I'm trying to be wise, but my husband takes everything I say - regardless of tone of voice - as the other!  I know who I'm trying to be, but if my efforts are not perceived as they are intended... I'm not succeeding somewhere.  *sigh*

So... I'm trying to get things more balanced.  Instead of spending all my time looking for a job I can work from home, I'm trying to get some cleaning and grocery shopping in, too.  I'm so thankful that our pantry has been well supplied because our fridge was almost empty until today!  That made it possible for me to do some cleaning with greater ease, though.

This may seem small and silly, but I don't get enough time all at once to clean the fridge really well.  So, I decided to do what I could do.  I got a small-ish rag wet and left it on the difficult spots until I opened the fridge again later.  Doing that throughout the day enabled me to get my fridge really quite clean... Then I had a few minutes all together while I was waiting for Beauty Man to get home from work and I used that time to wash the bottom shelf (which, if that comes out the drawers must come out, too).  So, now a good bit of the fridge is all sparkley!  Yeay  for the bits that can get done throughout a day!

Next time, I think (hopefully Friday), I'll finish dealing with the Cat coming out of the bag.  ;)

2 comments:

4HMom said...

I feel for you. Although I have sort of been there, but not quite as severe as you. I know it sounds strange but find a copy of the love dare book and if possible watch the movie fireproof. Keep plodding on and be Christs's example. It may not fix things but you never know.

Monster Girl said...

I'm sorry you know how I feel at all. I hope your difficulties will remain as far away from extreme as possible.

Thank you for commenting. It's REALLY nice to know I'm not alone.

I have actually read the book AND watched the movie. I've also read The RESPECT DARE. We've been having some serious problems since Beauty Baby was born and I was challenged by a friend to read THE RESPECT DARE to help me deal with the situations at that time.... and then this happens! :-p No winnin' for losin' I tell ya!

I like your blog. Love stockpiling... I call it food storage, but it amounts to the same thing! :)