Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Choice (poem)

I'm gunna be
     in a wrecked marriage.
So the question is:
     will I be miserable in
     this wrecked marriage?
OR
           will I be happy in
           this wrecked marriage?
     The choice is mine alone.

The marriage will be
              wrecked
          so long as Beauty Man
                 refuses
          to make the necessary
                 repairs.
          No matter how often
                 i try
          to get him to look under
                 the hood,
          none of it matters if he
                  refuses
         to see what is there
                  when he looks.

So, I need not be miserable
             THOUGH
that is definitely the easier emotion to
              feel;
given the circumstance.

           So, I must choose happiness
                 each moment.

No comments: